DescripciónHave you ever waited at a station, wondering when the next bus, subway or streetcar is coming? Wondering if you could take care of an unfinished task or simply get a coffee in the meanwhile? If yes, this application is for you! Simply turn it on and it will detect all the stations around you and find the next arrival time for your trip.
Currently SmartTransit supports the following cities/agencies:
1. New York City, NY (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island - MTA - Only Buses)
2. Chicago, Illinois (Chicago Transit Authority - CTA)
3. Los Angeles, California (Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority)
4. Boston, Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)
5. San Francisco, California (SFMTA - Only Buses)
6. Maryland (Maryland Transit Administration, Central Maryland Regional Transit, Howard Transit - MTA)
7. Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties (Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority - SEPTA)
8. Houston, Texas (Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County - METRO)
9. Austin, Texas (Capital Metro Transit - CAPMETRO)
10. Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Milwaukee County Transit System - MCTS)
11. Denver, Colorado (Regional Transportation District - RTD)
12. Las Vegas, Nevada (Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada - RTC)
13. Orange, California (Orange County Transportation Authority - OCTA)
14. Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA)
15. Miami Dade Country, Florida (Miami Dade Transit)
16. Columbus, Ohio (Central Ohio Transit Authority - COTA)
17. Buffalo and Niagara Falls, NY (Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority - NFTA)
18. Albany, New York (Capital District Transportation Authority - CDTA)
19. Montgomery County, MD (MCRO)
20. Portland, Oregon, metropolitan area - TRIMET
21. San Diego Metropolitan Transit System - SDMTS
22. Dallas Area Rapid Transit, Texas - DART
23. Seattle - King County Metro Transit
24. Minneapolis / St. Paul metropolitan area
25. Pace Suburban Bus Service
26. Metro Transit City of Madison, Wisconsin
27. Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority, Ohio, (RIDERTA)
1. Toronto, Ontario (Toronto Transit Commission - TTC)
2. Greater Toronto Area (Go Transit)
3. GTA (York Regional Transit - YRT)
4. Ottawa, Ontario (OC Transpo)
5. Vancouver, British Columbia (TRANSLINK)
6. Calgary, Alberta (Calgary Transit)
7. Edmonton, Alberta (Edmonton Transit System - ETS)
8. Winnipeg, Manitoba (Winnipeg Transit)
9. Victoria, Whistler, Pemberton Local & Commuter, and Squamish, BC, (BC Transit)
1. Adelaide, South Australia (Adelaide Metro)
2. Perth, Western Australia (TransPerth)
1. Rennes (STAR)
(more cities coming soon!)
The application has a very simple UI, no need to type address or anything. It simply finds all public transit stations around you and lists the name of the stations, routes/trips, next arrival times, your distance to the stop and your relative location to the stop on the Google maps,...
It also provides an option to add stops to the favourite list. Once it is added to the favorite list you won't need to enable the GPS or network location anymore. Just click on a favorite item and it will provide the arrival time for that particular item.
The application also displays the stops location and arrival times on the Google maps. Navigate on the map to find the stop that you are interested in and get the next arrival time for that stop.
SmartTransit uses open public transportation GTFS (General Transit Feed Specification) and the real time NextBus data to find precise schedules.
NOTE that before updating the app you must perform a full uninstall of the older application.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Since there is no way to reply to your bug reports in the Android Market therefore please email it at email@example.com. Your questions/comments will be answered within 24 hours!