DescripciónKeep a digital logbook with button taps. Create a well-formatted log entry in literally two seconds. A plethora of charting options allows you to explore your data. (DEMO VERSION AVAILABLE)
1. Choose what to log
Keep track of Weight, Exercise, Mood, Steps, Meals, Transportation, Baby Habits, or even use it to keep a simple diary or journal. Include quantities, ratings, or text notes. Create a button and you're ready to start collecting information!
2. Tap buttons to create timestamped log entries.
(see example screenshots) The buttons are set up in advance, so you don't waste time typing, and data is collected in a consistent manner. Tap Log is probably the fastest way to collect data on a handheld device.
3. Review the data.
Review log entries in a compact, well-formatted list, organized by category. Send the log as a simple e-mail message. Export CSV file to other apps (i.e. GDocs, DropBox) or to your computer to create reports, and make complex charts of your own. Tap Log has a selection Charts for users to explore their data: Histograms by time of day and day of week, Pie Charts by subcategory, and by the amount of time subcategories were the last category logged (a time-card pattern). Chart days, weeks, and months. Save favorite charts. Share charts via Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.
4. Fine-tune your data collection methods.
Use widgets to create log entries directly from the home screen. Easily edit buttons to make more categories (unlimited), create subcategories (limit 2), and add attributes you think would be helpful (i.e. rate each 'Restaurant' entry). Take advantage of your phone's features and log your GPS location with each entry.
WHY LOG LIFE?
• Fast: Ditch the tiny keyboard!
• Organized: Avoid sifting through disorganized notes
• Consistent: Log a broad range of data consistently
• Flexible: record quantities, ratings, text notes
• Customizable: record exactly what you want to
• Exportable: Export to well-formatted CSV, or e-mail the log
FEATURED USE CASES:
• Business travelers, log and organize business trip expenses quickly, send your report to a coworker as a simple e-mail message.
• Categorize your professional activities, ditch the bulky log book and create a comprehensive log of your accomplished tasks, modifying as you go.
• Use Tap Log as a Punch Card. Set up a category with subcategories like At Home, At Work, Driving, and create a log entry when you start something new. When you chart the main category, you can see a pie-chart breakdown of how many hours each of your categories was the last category pressed! (great for tracking hours or projects at work, and a nice starting point for Quantified Self beginners)
• Log sporting events in real time (speed logging), set up the app to restart after each log and reach logging rates upwards of 30 entries per minute.
• Create a simple text note in one button press. Create multiple buttons to categorize your text notes into 'Creative Thoughts', 'To Do List', etc.
• More examples at http://loggerlife.blogspot.com/p/example.html
• E-mail: email@example.com
• Help & Manual: http://loggerlife.blogspot.com/p/data-structure.html
• Twitter: @TapLogger
Keywords: Quantified Self, Self Experiment, Self Experimentation, Captains Log, Logging