DescripciónThis dysphagia swallow physiology app is ideal for speech-language pathologists and other medical professionals. The app features custom-designed, state-of-the-art, MBSImP animations depicting adult swallow physiology. Includes normal swallow physiology and also examples of varying physiologic impairments of the swallow. Video controls allow for slow motion, pause, and frame-by-frame forward and reverse. A great visual tool to aid professionals with patient and family education.
• Normal Swallow, Lateral View
• Normal Swallow, AP View
• Example of Penetration with Aspiration
• Impairment of Bolus Transport
• Impairment of Initiation of Pharyngeal Swallow
• Impairment of Anterior Hyoid Excursion
• Impairment of Laryngeal Vestibular Closure
• Impairment of Pharyngeal Contraction
• Impairment of PES Opening
• Impairment of Tongue Base Retraction
• Animations depict adult physiology, including a normal swallow.
• The animations included in this app accurately represent the anatomy and physiology of normal and impaired swallowing function. They were developed in conjunction with the evidence-based "Modified Barium Swallow Impairment Profile," or MBSImP.
• Rarely does one physiologic swallow impairment exist alone. This app highlights primary impairments, but co-existing impairments typically occur and the examples shown here are no exception.